Roasted Cabbage & Apples with Balsamic Glaze
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 27g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 whole cabbage, cut into 8 wedges with core left intact
- 2 whole apples, cored & cut into 16 wedges
- 1 whole onion, cut into 12 wedges with core left intact
- 8 whole garlic clove, peeled
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, organic
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 3 cups apple juice, organic
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- ½ tsp Celtic sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place apple juice and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan.
- Place on medium-high heat and allow to reduce for 30 minutes stirring with a whisk often.
- Place cabbage wedges, garlic, onion & apple wedges in large roasting pan
- Baste with oil using brush.
- Put cabbage in oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn cabbage wedges, etc. and cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle pecans over cabbage wedges
- Return to the oven to cook for 15 minutes more.
- When apple juice mixture is reduced to syrupy consistency, remove from heat and add 1 clove of roasted garlic, 2 wedges of roasted onion and puree. Stir rosemary into mixture and set aside.
- When cabbage has cooked for 45 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Drizzle apple juice- balsamic reduction over cabbage wedge, apple, onion, pecan and garlic mixture and serve warm.
Paula Carper | Noble Nutrition http://www.paulacarper.com/