Share this post
Paleo Shepherd’s Pie
- 4 sweet potatoes medium peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pound Grass-Fed Ground beef or lamb
- ½ large onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ bell pepper chopped
- 1 ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper ground
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- ¼ tsp thyme dried
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 ½ tbsp butter organic
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 Tbsp rosemary fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees,
- Place potatoes in medium stock pot & cover with water.
- Boil until fork tender (approx. 25 minutes)
- While potatoes boil, add ½ T oil to skillet & brown ground beef on med-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, peppers, 1/2 salt, herbs & spices once meat is browned. (approx. 10 minutes)
- Add balsamic, 1/2 T. butter & mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes.
- Place ground beef mixture in casserole dish & layer raw vegetables on top of meat.
- When potatoes are done, drain & reserve about ¼ cup liquid & set aside.
- Add 2T. butter & ¾ tsp salt to potatoes & mix with hand mixer. Add water if needed.
- 9 Layer sweet potatoes into casserole dish & bake 30 minutes.